This week in Stuff I Like Saturdays, I want to close out this mini-series on porn by sharing a few articles, books and resources that will provide help and healing for those struggling with pornography. There is no shortage of great stuff out there to help men and women walk through a pornography struggle or addiction.
Here’s one thing I have learned this week about porn – some people want to talk about this, while others want to put their head in the sand and pretend it doesn’t exist. I got several new subscribers this week, while others unsubscribed, probably tired of the porn talk. It’s not going away and we can’t ignore the reality of it.
We sometimes get feedback in Merge that we talk about porn too much. I’m watching it destroy lives and marriages. If porn is part of your story, please check out a few ministries we offer at Watermark that are also offered across the country. re|engage is a great ministry to check out for married couples, and re:generation is our 12-step, Christ-centered recovery program.
Here are some great articles:
- From The Porch, Watermark’s Young Adult ministry:
- Tim Challies has a very helpful set of posts on pornography. He lists them all here.
- A few posts from Desiring God:
- Pornography is not just a man’s issue. A friend just sent this one to me. My addiction to sex: One woman’s story. Read at your own discretion (some graphic content).
And, here are a few very helpful sermons/messages I have heard on the topic:
- Jesus Redefines Adultery, David Marvin from The Porch.
- Pornography, by Jonathan Pokluda from re|engage.
- Pornography: Victimless Vice or Vicious Addiction, by Todd Wagner.
Last, a few good books to read/listen to on pornography/sexual addiction:
- Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace – Heath Lambert
- Through a Man’s Eyes: Helping Women Understand the Visual Nature of Men, by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Worthy of her Trust: What You Need to Do to Rebuild Sexual Integrity and Win Her Back – Stephen Arterburn & Jason B. Martinkus
- Hide or Seek: When Men Get Real with God About Sex – John Freeman – helps people understand the lies of pornography and the hope of the Gospel
Other resources are listed in each of the posts in this series:
- How Porn Nearly Ruined my Life
- How to NOT Allow Porn to Ruin Your Life
- How to Talk to Your Children About Porn
Recent Editions of Stuff I Like Saturdays: