Many of you know how much I love reading books. One of the most frequently asked questions I get on this blog is for a list of recommended marriage books. Today I get to enthusiastically share a fantastic, new marriage book with you: Fierce Marriage: Radically Pursuing Each Other in Light of Christ’s Relentless Love.
Below I’ll tell you why I highly recommend this book, how you can win a free copy, and about some great bonuses if you buy the book by April 22nd. The book comes out on the 17th and the bonuses go away on April 22nd (the publisher just extended the deadline until 4/22).
Why I Love This Book
I had the great privilege of providing an endorsement for the book. Here’s what I said:
The challenges we face as married couples are fierce, so we must pursue each other with a radical love. Ryan & Selena Frederick know all about what that means, and their book Fierce Marriage challenges couples to love each other in the same way. The book has a perfect combination of a gospel-centered foundation, marital authenticity, and practical encouragement. Fierce Marriage will help any couple grow in their relationship as they’re reminded of the high calling of marriage.
I know there’s a lot of bad marriage wisdom out there, both in the secular world and the Christian world.
- Some of the most frequently read Christian marriage books are high on tips and tricks but low/absent on Jesus and scripture.
- Other books might contain a whole lot of scripture, but don’t provide practical suggestions on how to apply what you’ve read.
- Yet other books might be biblical and practical, but the author’s posture suggest they have it all together and simply discuss the problems of other couples.
The reason why I can enthusiastically share and recommend Fierce Marriage is because it provides the right combination of the hopeful and helpful. They’re biblical and Christ-centered in their approach, humble in their posture, and practical in their counsel. It starts with Ryan and Selena’s early struggles in their own marriage and sets the significance of the centrality of the Gospel as the foundation for any marriage.
The first half of the book focuses on setting the right theological foundation, while the second half gets very practical. For example, in the last six chapters, they tackle issues such as time and priorities, money, communication, and sexual intimacy. They address each topic with a biblical foundation and then provide practical wisdom. For example, in the communication chapter, they discuss the heart issues. But, they also get practical and honest in their counsel by talking about how they prioritize daily communication in their marriage.
I like this book so much that I’m considering adding it to our newly married small group curriculum. For years we’ve used The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller (which happens to be my favorite book I’ve ever read). We may add Fierce Marriage because of how well the Fredericks understand the issues and challenges of couples.
I’ve read many books about marriage — some great, some not so great. Fierce Marriage definitely falls in the list of books I’d highly recommend for any couple. Whether you’re premarried, newly married, or just plain married, I’m confident you’ll benefit from this book. You’ll be encouraged and spurred on to strengthen your marriage with a fierce tenacity that never gives up and never gives in.
How to Win a Free Copy
I’ve ordered a few copies of this book – one for me, one for my wife, and one to give away. To win a free copy, leave a comment below (or on Facebook or Instagram) on why you’d like to read this book. I’ll pick a winner out of all the comments received.
About Those Great Bonuses
- 1 copy – get a code for FREE audiobook download of the book.
- 2 copies – free audio download, a his/hers set of FIERCE RINGS™, Fierce Marriage discussion guide, original phone wallpaper/lockscreens, exclusive video content, and a 50% discount code on DateBox.
- 4 copies – all the above plus The 31-Day Pursuit Challenge Couple’s Bundle.
Check out all the details at FierceMarriageBook.com!
- Leave a comment below about why you want to read this book and I’ll pick one winner from all comments received.
- What’s your favorite marriage book?